Here are some tips to help you before, during and after Conference to make the most of your Conference experience. We look forward to seeing you in San Diego, California.
- Arrive early and take advantage of the Pre-Conference seminars scheduled October 14-16.
- Figure out which sessions and events you’d like to attend and exhibitors you plan to visit, and create your agenda ahead of time using the AFP Annual Conference App. Popular sessions will fill up fast. Arrive early to ensure that you get first choice seating, no reservations are accepted for sessions.
- Handouts/presentations are available through the app. There are no paper handouts at the session. You will also receive a program book with all the sessions and events listed.
- Most meals are located in the exhibit hall, unless you are attending a special networking breakfast or lunch.
- Please note some events are limited to corporate practitioners only. If you have a question about your eligibility, please contact Customer Service at customerservice@AFPonline.org or call +1.301.907.2862, Monday through Friday during the hours of 8:30am to 5:00pm ET, and ask for the Customer Service department.
- Bring extra business cards. Connect with session speakers and fellow attendees during the sessions. AFP 2017 offers vast networking opportunities. Once you download the app, turn on the networking mode to be seen and connect with other attendees.
- Arrive with plenty of time on the first day to pick up your Conference badge. The general session starts on Sunday. Registration is busiest Sunday afternoon.
- Familiarize yourself with the convention center and the floor plans in the program book.
- Visit the AFP Membership Center in the exhibit hall to learn more about the member benefits you now have access to as an AFP member. Also learn more about the Certified Treasury Professional credential and the Certified Corporate FP&A Professional credential.
- To stay on top of all the latest Conference news, be sure to check Twitter (#AFP2017) and read the Conference Daily News email that is delivered to your email each morning.
- Locate the AFP Information Kiosk and stop by during the Conference for assistance.
- Keep track of your badge. Your conference badge allows you access to sessions, the exhibit hall, and conference events. A replacement badge costs $50.
- Follow up with your new contacts. Send an email to those you’ve networked with to follow up on a question or discussion, or just to say “It was nice meeting you.”
- Complete the post-conference survey. Please take a few minutes to let the Conference planning team know about your experience—how AFP can improve it. AFP reviews survey responses as it plans future conferences.
- Submit a proposal to speak at the next year’s AFP Annual Conference. Call for Proposals for the AFP 2018 will open in December 2017.
Have questions? Click here for a listing of frequently asked questions.